Caring for High-End Countertopsadmin
High-end countertops can be a little more expensive but are worth the price tag for the distinction and beauty that they lend to space. High-end countertops differ from lower grade countertops in that they have distinct patterns, waves, or colors that would be difficult to find elsewhere, making them rare and thus, more valuable. If you’re going to spend money to have the unique beauty of a high-end countertop in your home, you want to make sure that you care for them correctly! Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind when caring for your high-end countertops.
First, watch what you put on your high-end countertops. This includes everything from hot pans to knives to cleaners. Certain cleaners can degrade the finish and seal on your high-end countertops, so it is essential that you start reading labels and seeking out products that won’t ruin the seal on your high-end countertops. Acidic items should be avoided as well as cleaning products that contain vinegar. Just because they are naturally occurring doesn’t make them safe for your seal.
Second, choose high-end countertops that don’t need frequent re-sealing. At The Granite Guy, our seal lasts for 15 years, so you don’t have to worry about the beauty of your high-end countertops with simple and gentle regular cleanings.
Finally, ask an expert if you’re unsure. At The Granite Guy, we are always happy to point you in the right direction of caring for your high-end countertops!
Granite counters are a great countertop choice for anyone and practically anywhere! With granite’s distinct marbling of materials and colors, you can customize your granite counters to your liking in a myriad of ways. While many of us automatically think “kitchens” when we think of granite countertops, there are actually loads of ways to use this material in your home. Here are a few other areas that could benefit from granite counters in your home.
- Bathroom: Granite counters are a great choice for bathrooms! Not only will they lend your bathroom a level of distinction and class, but they are also a solid material that can stand up to the heat, water, and humid environment of a bathroom. Additionally, with granite counters, you don’t have to worry about accidentally setting your curling iron on the countertop surface! No scorch marks there.
- Laundry Room: Even the smallest of laundry rooms can benefit from more counter space. Granite counters can be installed on top of front load washers for a handy folding surface. If your machines are top load, installing granite counters on top of some cabinets can (almost) make treating and folding your laundry a little enjoyable.
- Study Area or Office: With some chairs and a few cabinets spaced at even intervals, you can create a study area for your children or a distinctive desk for yourself.
- Candy-making Station: For hard-core candy makers, a cool granite slab is just what you need to temper chocolate. If you don’t want to use your kitchen counters, an island or table with a granite slab can be the ideal compromise.
In terms of countertops, granite has been the king for decades. However, new materials and colors are becoming more widely used and accepted as great choices not just in terms of looks, but as durability as well. Quartz countertops are an example of this kind of durable and unique material. If you’re considering adding new countertops to your home, we have four reasons why you should consider quartz countertops.
- Durability. Quartz countertops are a manufactured material that mimics stone. Because it’s manmade, it has all the strength of stone with none of the imperfections of porous nature. That means it is strong and easy to clean.
- Greener Product. The manufacturing process of quartz countertops involves the grinding up and re-using leftover portions of stone with added colors and flecks of materials. The re-using of old materials and giving them new life can help you feel good about the purchase of your quartz countertops.
- Consistency. While granite countertops might vary in terms of color and size of the inclusions, quartz countertops are able to give you a consistent color and particle size each and every time. This means that the countertop you choose will be the same color as the sample that you looked at with no surprises.
- Variety. Quartz countertops come in a huge variety of colors — nearly anything that you can think of! Some styles are nearly identical to even the high-end of granite countertops and some colors would be perfectly at home in a contemporary city apartment. It just depends on your personal taste and style, but the variety means there is a quartz countertop color out there for you.